LCEA at the NEA RA

All you ever wanted to know about National Education Association Representative Assembly, an annual gathering held in the first weeks of July.

Tuesday, July 04, 2006

NEA's Independence Day Celebration

My Independence Days have always been pretty uneventful, but thanks to the NEA RA I can now say different! I was very impressed with NEA's Independence Day celebration, which featured delegates representing various groups that make up this country. I couldn't help but be inspired by the stories these people had to tell, which ultimately contribute to the story of the nation itself. I don't think I've felt more honored or appreciative to be an American.

My favorite quotation comes from the delegate who represented Asian Americans:

"Only in America can a woman of Filipino descent have a name like Dixie Johansen. I am Dixie Johansen and this is my country!"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home